Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOs split screen remote GUI

Intended for implementation on the iPad Roku app

Problem summary: currently, when using my iPad to draw or whatever other activity i’m doing besides watching my Roku Smart TV, it is necessary to switch between apps to control the TV. This is true in spite of the Split Screen view(s) that Apple introduced with iPad OS 15, which is a bitterly ironic missed opportunity for a perfect confluence of an app with it’s host OS in the case of the “floating window” view combined with the “remote” view of the Roku app. Currently, this results in a big dumb black rectangle that just says “Roku” proudly at the top. Nothing else. No buttons, can’t even scroll to pull them into view. So… basically, the opposite of a GUI. Major opportunity for improvement to put it lightly.

Feature Summary: fit the remote buttons to the floating window. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.