Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cqcq42
Binge Watcher

Why having a Viewing History is needed

(This HAS been posted before, but not directly in feature suggestions.)

I have multiple ways that I get shows and movies and here are reasons why I think Roku should add a "Viewing History" feature.

I have seen literally thousands of shows and movies and I do not have an encyclopedic memory. By keeping a spreadsheet of everything I've seen (and when) I am able to access this data from anywhere and know if I have seen something already.

Maybe I'm browsing movies and something sounds interesting, but familiar. A quick check will verify whether I've seen it already. (Let's face it. Some movies are pretty forgettable, and before I kept records, I might find myself 20 minutes in before realizing I saw it already,)

Keeping track of show seasons can be important when a service drops a show that another service picks up. Now where was I....

Sometimes I am at the library browsing DVDs of shows or movies and the question comes up.

The more I use Roku to stream, the more gaps appear in my data. (Although I can watch Netflix through Roku and still get viewing data from Netflix.)