Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tzedekh
Channel Surfer

Re: Unable to remove shows from My Feed

Jump to solution

Unfortunately that didn't work. I tried the entries for the star of "Diagnosis: Murder" and an actress guest-starring in the episode in question, and neither had a listing for the show. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @tzedekh,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are unable to unfollow content from the My Feed feature.

If you no longer wish to receive updates for a movie, TV show, actor, or director, you can unfollow the item from Roku Search. Use the instructions above to find the title, actor, or director and select Unfollow this.

There is another way to unfollow an item that is unique to movies. Simply find the movie listed in the My Feed list, open the details screen, and select Unfollow this.

After you unfollow a movie, TV show, actor, or director, all updates within My Feed will be removed and you will no longer receive new updates for that item.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I follow my favorite shows using My Feed? | Official Roku Support

Let us know how it goes!

Kind regards,
Mary

tzedekh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply, but your solutions won't work in my case. As I mentioned in my original post, because "Diagnosis: Murder" is no longer available on Roku (there's no search result for it), I can't unfollow it from Search. There's also no "Unfollow this" on the details page for the "Diagnosis: Murder" entry in My Feed (see Figures 1 and 2, below). Unless Roku relists the show, includes an "Unfollow this" option for such orphaned My Feed entries, or provides access to the file where it's stored on my Roku so that I can manually edit it, I don't see how I can delete the entry from My Feed.

Figure 1. My Feed.Figure 1. My Feed.
Figure 2. Details page for "Diagnosis: Murder."Figure 2. Details page for "Diagnosis: Murder." 

Jump to solution

I am also experiencing this same problem. Any help would will be greatly appreciated.

topper9954

Jump to solution

How does a tv get removed if it doesn't show up in search?  I am trying to remove "Diagnosis Murder".

Pennybinker
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Somebody on here suggested searching for one of the actors and find all they starred in. And likely the show will show up. Seems like I had to reboot the Roku before I was able to find what I was looking for. The error in not being able to simply unfollow is not on the users end. It is easy to follow. But later to unfollow gets frustrating when you can’t find unfollow. Always scroll down as far as possible to see if a choice is further down. 

tzedekh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As I mentioned previously, searching for an actor who starred in the show didn't work in my case. I searched for SIX actors who starred or guest-starred in the show, and none of them had a listing for it, probably because it's no longer listed on Roku. Rebooting had no effect. 

Tammybyu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue, I am not “following” a lot of things that show up in my feed, and I can’t delete what I don’t want in there! It’s frustrating to say the least, there are a lot of things that just show up in there that I would never watch. No help????

BobR11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This does not work on any of my devices.

tzedekh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What's rather weird is that even though "Diagnosis: Murder" is "Not on Roku yet" (and is therefore not to be found via Search), the episode displayed on the detail page for the show's entry in My Feed keeps changing. The metadata obviously has to be pulled from somewhere. Even within the unimportant realm of TV viewing it's a minor problem, but it's still annoying. I guess it's because it's an ongoing issue that's never been fixed.