Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wmgoat
Reel Rookie

Sound bar stays on when sleep timer turns tv off

I’m using a Roku sound bar on a really old tv  that doesn’t have arc, it only has an optical audio cable.  So I have to use both an hdmi cable and the optical cable to get sound in my sound bar. 

When I set the sleep timer on my old Visio tv and it expires, the tv turns off but the Roku in the sound bar continues to play the audio of whatever is streaming. This is very annoying and has never worked   I’ve even put my tv and Roku power into a Alexa powered switch. That voice action with a voice timer turns off both but when the switch becomes enabled, the sound bar and tv turn on again but not consistently enough to teach my wife to use voice controls for this tv. 

on my other tvs I use Roku sticks but these are newer and have arc hdmi ports so when these sleep timers expire, their non-Roku sound bars turn off. 

I think that this is either a situation where the Roku sound bar doesn’t sense that the tv sleep timer has turned off the tv or the sound bar Roku need to be updated to use a sleep timer that turns off both the tv and the sound bar. (note that the sound bar remote does power tv on and off)

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
hsnassoc
Reel Rookie

Re: Sound bar stays on when sleep timer turns tv off

I have this same issue BUT it also happens when I use the Roku remote to turn samsung tv off, the soundbar stays on. Any guidance?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.