Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k947

Roku version of Apple TV Facetime with Centerstage?

After almost 10 years with Roku - and having purchased close to 8 Roku devices for myself or family - we are seriously looking at switching to Apple TV. Really just for one new feature coming out in TvOS 17 - Apple TV's Facetime with Center Stage feature. It allows for widescreen, auto-zooming, video calling on our TV. As someone with family all over the country - this is an amazing feature and one of the few things that could switch our households away from Roku. With Facebook's Portal TV shutting down, which we previously used to fill this niche, we need a replacement and so will be switching to Apple TV if it works as well as early demos suggest.

Having said that - I really like Roku and wouldnt switch if Roku offered something similar. Is there anything like this in the works on the Roku end ? Perhaps a standalone webcam, with auto-zooming and wide angle features, that connects to the Roku streaming device as a peripheral and can use Zoom or MS Teams or WhatsApp video calls ? Thank you.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku version of Apple TV Facetime with Centerstage?

Hi! @k947,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community! 

We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy your streaming experience.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Timmayy

Re: Roku version of Apple TV Facetime with Centerstage?

What a great comment to make. To get no feedback from the Roku community, what a shame. I hope there is a way to use the Roku Device and connect the Apple TV + app which also allows Centerstage. Just going through the Apple TV + app I don’t see it as a listed function, 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.