Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miamismile

Roku shows and movies without commercials

A number of folks have said they would watch Roku shows more often if it was premium and did not have commercials.  we get it, commercials pay the bills.  because we are willing to pay a monthly charge to view shows without commercials (and i bet there are a lot of folks that feel the same way) - watching shows with commercials can make me crazy.  now that Roku has some exclusive shows that I have now been hooked on, i have to say that i will stop the show and run over to Netflix - because the constant commercials can not be tolerated any longer.  so please marketing people, offer a way for us to be able to pay a monthly subscription to watch your shows uninterrupted.  the Roku channel format is great, the way it saves and returns me to where i left off works great.  i am so impressed that i even bought a few Roku stock shares.  offer a premium subscription without commercials - please.  it is the next step in the Roku evolution.  thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
wilrodx
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku shows and movies without commercials

Apparently ROKU doesn't give a **bleep** about commercial free shows and movies.  No response to community posts.??  It seems these posts just serve as a vent with NO SOLUTIONS OR REPONSES BY ROKU MANAGEMENT.  I can't find a way to contact ROKU management by email either.  Does anyone know how?  Commercials are an insulting pain in the ass and prevents me from watching anything that has a commercial.  I try to wait by turning sound to mute but it is irritating to sit and waste time to get thru the moronic insulting images even with or without sound.  Commercials negatively effect people's minds and thinking.   This is a reflection of a society, economy and government that treats it's citizens as if they are controllable manipulable morons.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of brainwashed, gullible and stupid people already, to an alarming extent.  Humanity seems to be in a downward spiral of decay and decadence without hope or remedy. There are far too few people that realize this.   Sorry to be so depressing especially on Christmas day on such a seemingly trivial platform.

Buttons12

I totally agree!!

wilrodx
Reel Rookie

I very much agree with what you say.  However, don't hold your breath about ROKU mgmt coming up with commercial free content.  They don't even pay any attention to what their "customers" have to say.  This platform is probably just to get information from users that they can then use to refine their marketing and find more ways to "monetize" content.  The proverbial bottom line is whether they can collect more revenue from content than it costs them to maintain.   As users being used all we can do is find alternatives.  As ROKU and other streaming services well know we are all renegades and refugees from the exploitive and money grubbing cable services.  Note how expensive the streaming services (even on ROKU) are becoming when they ask for $35-$65 a month for the same junk on cable.  Right now the only good alternatives are HULU non-commercials $12.99 and Paramount+ at $9.99 per month.  Paramount+ just crushed HULU by taking back all their highly popular CBS content like Star Trek and other stuff.  I switched immediately to Paramount+ and saved $3 a month for the same stuff I was watching on HULU.  Anyway, it pays to stay ahead of marketing hype and remember that the internet is in itself an alternative.

wilrodx
Reel Rookie

I very much agree with what you say.  However, don't hold your breath about ROKU mgmt coming up with commercial free content.  They don't even pay any attention to what their "customers" have to say.  This platform is probably just to get information from users that they can then use to refine their marketing and find more ways to "monetize" content.  The proverbial bottom line is whether they can collect more revenue from content than it costs them to maintain.   As users being used all we can do is find alternatives.  As ROKU and other streaming services well know we are all renegades and refugees from the exploitive and money grubbing cable services.  Note how expensive the streaming services (even on ROKU) are becoming when they ask for $35-$65 a month for the same junk on cable.  Right now the only good alternatives are HULU non-commercials $12.99 and Paramount+ at $9.99 per month.  Paramount+ just crushed HULU by taking back all their highly popular CBS content like Star Trek and other stuff.  I switched immediately to Paramount+ and saved $3 a month for the same stuff I was watching on HULU.  Anyway, it pays to stay ahead of marketing hype and remember that the internet is in itself an alternative.

0 Kudos