Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melusina312
Reel Rookie

Roku device Deactivation should be an option!

How many agree that there should be an option to deactivate your device/TV/etc. Simply removing it from your account just frees it up entirely for anyone who stole it to have a new Roku and their own account! So the person stolen from buys another and that's great for Roku. Am I incorrect here?

I have done everything I can to make enjoying it **bleep** near impossible: guest mode with an offensive welcome screen, PIN codes for everything and only G rated shows....

Thoughts?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Re: Roku device Deactivation should be an option!

Roku cannot be responsible if someone breaks into your home and steals your Roku device. If someone steals your iPhone you can remotely wipe it but they still can swap out the the SIM and use it. Someone can steal your TV, coffee maker, jewelry, vehicle, dogs or basically anything in or outside of your home. Seems to me like this post is about a relationship gone south and the person who moved out took the Roku. So because someone “stole” your Roku you believe it’s Rokus responsibility to permanently disable the Roku? How so? If my car gets stolen I guess it’s up to Honda to permanently disable it right?

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

Yeah, I agree there should be someway for an owner to report a stolen ROKU and have it be disabled.

FastFurious
Roku Guru

It’s only a Roku. $30-100. We aren’t talking about a $50,000 vehicle. If your home gets broken into the last thing your worried about is your Roku. When is the last time you saw on the news “Home broken into. Thieves stole Roku. Police are on a manhunt for the stolen Roku”. Seriously? 

0 Kudos
Melusina312
Reel Rookie

This will probably seem completely foreign to you but you don't decide what is important to me. I don't base my opinion, feelings or acceptance of things on the news. We had about 1/3 of our belongings stolen by someone who is a common criminal and portrays himself as a helpful decent guy.

Slightly like the way you pretended to offer an answer or solution but instead tried to belittle me all the while clarifying the full extent of your ignorance.  

BTW, I'm not sure about you BUT I would never ask for opinions on a community forum for ANY price vehicle. 

0 Kudos
Melusina312
Reel Rookie

Where exactly did you read that I said a word about anything you commented on??

"device deactivation should be an option"

Does anyone fluent in English or with an acceptable score in reading comprehension have any useful contributions?

Dr. Phil, you are a presumptuous illiterate nincompoop.

0 Kudos