Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Streaming Stick vs LG Smart TVs

I have had Roku’s for years but I mistakenly went with my “smart” TV.

A year ago I picked up a 84”LG SMART TV for the family room, a 54” LG Smart TV for the bedroom. It worked ok and I lived with it…. but moving between apps is slow and there was frequent buffering.

I upgraded my internet to 1G fiber and updated to a new TP Link Mesh. Both of my TV’s were direct wired to the mesh routers.

It should be fast right!?!!

Well …

The buffering got worse and the app would hang forcing me to power cycle the TV.

Exasperated and frustrated with the LG Smart software, I finally chose to go back home to Roku. I picked up 2 Roku Streaming sticks.

The problem was instantly solved and it is already not only so much faster, the picture quality is better, and there is zero buffering.

I work in IT and I have to give props to Roku because the setup was incredibly easy!!

It paired with the TV seamlessly, setting up the streaming apps used QR codes and was easy. The entire setup took me less than 10 minutes.

Even if you are not a “techie” person, I absolutely recommend a Roku.

i just wanted to submit my thanks. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.