Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
capt-nemo
Reel Rookie

Roku Media Player - Icon view is wasted screen space.

PLEASE add an option to the Roku media player to view the files as LISTS, not icons.

The icons are a HORRIBLE waste of space and I just want to see the file names...  I don't care that it's an hour long or 1280x536.

I just want a compact filename only list.

...and you REALLY need a page down button.  Scrolling one line at a time just sucks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Media Player - Icon view is wasted screen space.

Hi @capt-nemo,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for the inquiry!

Please be advised that after launching the Roku Media Player, you can select the format for viewing. If you want to see a "List View" format for all your media, then highlight or navigate to the folder "All" and press the * button. From there, you select "Display Format" and enable "List" (you should see options for List or Grid).

If you need anything else, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
capt-nemo
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Media Player - Icon view is wasted screen space.

Um, not really a good solution.  The list shows fewer files than the icon view.

May I suggest for the LIST view:

1) Get rid of the HUGE "FOLDERS" sidebar on the left (it's unnecessary) and...
2) Make the list 2 or 3 columned. 
3) Make the list side scrollable instead of one at a time.
4) The play length and resolution (on the right) is just wasted space (no one watching TV cares about this information).
5) The vertical list spacing is also too big.  You could fit twice as many options in it if you went to 1X spacing and not 2X spacing.

I have ALOT of files and it would be nice to get as many as possible on one screen (and not have to click through the list one at a time).

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.