Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LesnarScurll
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel - Save shows to a watchlist or queue?

Same here! I was actually starting to view the shows that roku bought out from quibi or whatever it was called and then the save list disappeared!

Very frustrating!😖

A favorites list is a must have, just like having a rechargeable remote!  What idiot at roku missed these?  I do know Roku finely came out with a rechargeable remote, but the reviews are so bad that, I am not sure I want to take a chance on it!

me4
Streaming Star

I agree.  I always choose Tubi over the Roku channel because of this.  Well, it was maybe 2 or 3 months ago I noticed they finally got it together at Roku and added a Save button.  Yea!  I created a list of a dozen or so.  Then the big TV died.  So I was a month watching Prime on the fire tablet.  (That's another story.  For Halloween night, maybe),  Finally set up my new TV yesterday, checked the Roku channel, and the save list is now history.  Not just the save list I created, but all options to create another one.  But, hey, my Tubi list is still intact!

Edythe
Reel Rookie

When I first got the Roku Channel I never watched it because it didn't have a save/watch list queue but when they did add one I was watching Roku Channel all the time. I went through so many categories and added so many shows I wanted to watch and spent so much time doing it so when I woke up one morning and the save list was gone I was devastated. I then went back to tubi because they have the save list and an option to remove things from your continue watching list.  There are a lot of times I start watching something that looks like it would be good and a couple minutes in I already don't like it so the remove from continue watch list is also great. I guess I will be staying with tubi and just checking in with Roku once in a while to see if the smartened up and put the save list back, I don't know why once they had it they would take it back but they are losing a lot of viewers over it.  Maybe it would be better to contact the people that advertise there and explain to them why they should move their advertising dollars to tubi since so many Roku viewers seem to be moving there to watch shows. They don't care about us but they do money I'm sure.

LesnarScurll
Channel Surfer

I was told by an roku representative via email that a save list would be returning with the new 10.5(?) roku app update. That was two weeks ago. Still waiting for the update. Sigh.

me4
Streaming Star

Does anyone out there know if you can force an update?  Example:  When I know there's an update for my Kindle Paperwhite and they're not sending it, I can just plug it into my laptop, download and install it.  Of course, Roku updates have never been that big of a deal, so maybe, who cares?

0 Kudos
FayeLynn

I take a picture of the movie description, etc with my phone & keep in photo album titled Roku movies so when I get time to sit down to watch TV I just pull up my Roku picture album & if can't find movie on the "continue watching" list, etc I just use the search option. Sometimes I find that the same movie is on another platform,  Hulu etc & can add it to the list there or watch it there with less ad interruptions. 

0 Kudos
me4
Streaming Star

Naw, too much trouble.  Just use Tubi or Pluto.

0 Kudos
LesnarScurll
Channel Surfer

The only alternative that I have found is to download the roku channel app on your smart phone or PC as it has the save list. Then download the roku remote app also. When you go to the roku channel on your tv it automatically pairs with your remote app and you can choose something from your save list from your phone or PC and it will play on your tv. 

Still not nearly as convenient as just having a simple save list which, btw, I was told would have been added by now. But better than nothing if it’s an roku channel exclusive. Otherwise just use Tubi or Pluto.

If they want to run viewers away that’s their prerogative.

*UPDATE* 

I just received the 10.5 update on my roku ultra and while everything else on there seems to run better and smoother there still is no save list like I was told there would be. Looks like its not gonna happen. Oh, well. Off to other channels which every single one has a save, play or watchlist.

Karen1962
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem, I can save shows to a save list but can't find the list to view them , that's how I ended up here to find a solution