Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: Request for WiFi 6E or WiFi 7 on Roku Ultra

It makes zero sense for me to switch to another wireless provider. Because, I also have verizon fios bundle for internet. I get a pretty good discount of internet and wireless. Unless, AT&T, t-mobile, or Google runs fiber in my area, I will be staying put with verizon.

0 Kudos
Kramerdoc

I personally would love to see ROKU make their players or at least the ULTRA player with WiFi 6 or WiFi 6E option. The WiFi 6E option would be preferable since many advanced networks these days are 6E networks that are by their design, able to carry significantly more data over their wireless connections and thus would allow for less interference from the plethora of other devices that connect to wireless networks and this would also help many who are in an apartment type situation where there are a ton of 5G network devices nearby and so 6E would offer a great advantage! It's sad to see that ROKU's Main competitor has already come out with WiFi 6 connectivity! You'd think that ROKU would be on top of things and stay competitive but that doesn't appear to be the case? unfortunately....

SK

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Don't forget about WPA3. Roku forces you to have a less secure environment. Wireless 6 came out in 2019 and brought WPA3.