Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zan369

Keep the Roku Screensaver Town Pure

While the Roku is inactive it plays a screen saver of a scrolling cityscape. It was very calming, it had nice colors as well as subtle and clever nods to classic movies.

Now the town has a Walmart, Acura dealership, and Fox News billboard. Can we please have the old, simple town back?

5 REPLIES 5
catmandu13

Re: Keep the Roku Screensaver Town Pure

I agree. If anything else pops up I'm changing the screensaver to something else. I see enough ads using roku as it is.

The seasonal town screensaver is something I look forward to, my family really enjoy looking through trying to spot the movie/tv show references. Ads really tarnish the appeal.

Alyluca

Roku city should stay ad free!!!

LexThetRex

Agreed! If they start selling out I will seriously start looking for a different platform to stream content from. Not a fan when companies develop something pure and enjoyable then suddenly take it with **bleep** like that.

0 Kudos
nomad07
Roku Guru

Roku like many companies make most all their money from advertising.

There are a ton of other screen savers so one other have to suit your taste. 

I love my Roku.  More than my AppleTV. But I use my Roku less and less due to all the ads. The Spacial Surround and all the custom settings to adjust for just about anything. 

0 Kudos
Tanji1a

Agreed. Was hoping to find this thread! Sick of being bombarded by this. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.