Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shass

Re: Photo Streams - remove QR code option

Yes, please. Get rid of QR code that ruins pictures.

dohlin

How on earth is this still an issue?? Roku come on fix this!! Absolutely zero reason this should have ever passed QA...this is a beyond stupid regression it's appalling.

pshuman

This request was made over 11 months ago. There is clear community support for it. Please make the QR code optional. Any updates from Roku on this?

Percula1869
Channel Surfer

I’m the one who made original post linked too in the first comment. It’s been 4 months since Roku told me they were looking into it, and as you noted, almost a year since the original post. From the amount of time everything is taking, Im starting to wonder if Roku is staffed by a single college student in their dorm room or something. 

DrDB
Binge Watcher

Agree... this is flat out embarrassing presentation!  Clearly no user input on the QR code feature.  I wonder it has ever even been scanned by a user.

DJAllyn
Channel Surfer

I get the impression that they are just blowing sunshine up our butts, and they have no real intention of changing anything.

DrDB
Binge Watcher

Agree.  The decision makers have either never seen the request or never seen the QR code.  Both seem like a likely scenario to me.  LOL

I agree the QR code is terrible and should be at least optional. I just found the Photo Streams feature and am very disappointed it adds the code image, ruining the point of using the feature. I will investigate using other options to display images.

Jmarks1

I want to use photo stream but it says to scan QR code? How 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jmarks1,

Thanks for taking your first post in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that you can use the QR Code as an alternative way to "Get started". By scanning the QR code on the screen using your mobile phone, you can proceed to the "Get started" option.

Also, we recommend reviewing the suggestions for determining How to use Photo Streams on your Roku streaming device.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos