Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adoormatt

Re: ROKU Photo Stream - remove QR code option

Roku isn’t making this change because they want the QR code burned into your screen. Once the screen is ruined you will want to buy a new one. Maybe you’ll buy another Roku! Your misery = Roku profits. Know where you stand my friend. 

Clbeene

Re: Photo Streams - remove QR code option

PLEASE give the option to remove barcodes from our pictures!!! It absolutely ruins the experience. Instead of having a positive, emotional reaction to our pictures, our brains focus on the barcode…immediate irritation!!!!

IMG_3020.jpeg

jamesvid
Reel Rookie

Yes I completely agree. The QR code should be made optional or removed completely. If you can figure out how to create your photo stream using the Roku interface, you don’t need an eyesore reminder appearing on screen every other photo. Thanks 

DJAllyn
Channel Surfer

I thirtyith this request.  This is an eyesore, especially when used in a public space like I am.

3ultra
Reel Rookie

Photostreams is excellent except for this one limitation!  Please add an option to NOT display the QR code and accompanying text.    It makes sense to keep things simple ... but only as simple as possible not so simple they it makes them a worse experience for users.    If simple must win then take away the QR code completely.   

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We appreciate your interest and suggestions regarding this matter. We sincerely value your input; rest assured, we'll raise your concern with our team.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I agree. I will not be using the feature until the QR code is able to be removed. It looks horrible and defeats the purpose of trying to make the TV look more like a piece of art. Very disappointing that it has been nearly a year of the community asking for this with no action by Roku.

MKalain

YES PLEASE!! I am going to consider looking for another option in the meantime.

jamesvid
Reel Rookie

Thanks John, for your response! At least make it optional....!

Jim

Please prioritize this, Roku.

I primarily use three Roku TVs as displays for my business, and the QR code absolutely ruins the simple branding, and blocks out important information.

@support1 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.