Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Voice Commands

Please add voice commands (e.g.: auto-adjust refresh on, auto-adjust refresh off) to enable and disable the auto-adjust display refresh rate feature on your 4K players, within various channel apps, to replace the current method:

Exit to Home screen.
Scroll up and select Settings.
Select System and then select Advanced system settings.
Select Advanced display settings.
Select Auto-adjust display refresh rate and choose from the following: enable, disable.
Open channel and resume watching.

It apparently can be enabled on the fly within channel partner's apps since you broke the Hulu app in a recent (9.2) update. Now with the feature enabled, it has no effect within the Hulu channel until the Hulu screensaver runs, at which point it responds to the various streams' framerates by outputting at the corresponding refresh rate.

Curiously, although the above bug remains in your recent 9.3 update, you've introduced a new one also related to whether the Hulu screensaver has run or not. I noticed that while watching Hulu Live TV, initially the * button on the remote invokes the Roku options menu, where captions and audio options can be selected while the video plays. Once the Hulu screensaver has run, this is no longer the case, * now performs the same function as the UP arrow. So rather than request that you fix the bug you introduced, please add the following voice commands as a workaround:

Volume mode Leveling
Volume mode Night
Volume mode Off

It seems that the 3 closed captioning options in the * options menu already have corresponding voice commands, thanks; especially since the * key appears to be disabled, perhaps by design, in some apps, as well as duplicates the function of the UP arrow after the screensaver timeout is met in Hulu.
As it is, since OS 9.2 I now need the Hulu screensaver to have run for the refresh rate to function properly, but since 9.3 I would need to AVOID having the Hulu screensaver run for the options button to invoke the correct menu, so I just reverted to version 9.2 for my three Roku Ultras.
One last request: Since I HAVE to enable a screensaver now, and set the timeout to 1 minute, so I can open Hulu, wait a minute, then have it function properly, how about adding another voice command:

START SCREENSAVER

Thanks, and feel free to forward this to Hulu if you determine they need to make the changes in their app rather Roku make changes in an update. But regardless, these voice commands would make use of the Roku a more pleasant experience.

Labels (1)