Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sensiblecinema1
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature request - PIN protect deletion of channels

Kids keep deleting Disney Plus and we have to reinstall then log in again on every tv using our email address and long random password. Please let us hide the delete option or PIN protect it. This has been a real pain.

Artez

It is such a relief to know that someone is speaking up about this problem. I have small kids who easily go into my settings and delete all of my channels. Roku has made it so easy for small children to grab the remote and wipe out hours of hard work involving programming, screening channels, and setting log in passwords. It is beyond common sense to request the same password (used for adding channels) before allowing channel deletions. This just sounds like very simple programming on the designer's part. For the second time this month, I have just spent nearly all day re-adding all of my channels and separately logging into all of the streaming channels that require a password login. What a waste of time for such an unnecessary design flaw on Roku's part. I have not yet tested this but I'm about 99% sure that the children can not only easily click the * button to delete channels individually, but even worse than that they can also easily access the settings menu on the left side of the screen and perform a full factory reset of the entire Roku device without password permission. It's breaking my heart just to type this. Please help the Roku community ASAP!

Bnbrental

This is needed now. Renting my house guests delete channels and then I have no idea it happened. Then the next guests it upset they cannot access what they want. Worse yet Spectrum and Roku have issues. The Spectrum app was removed from the store so it cannot be added if deleted. It works now, but if deleted I am hosed. 

This should be such a simple fix.

Sensiblecinema1
Reel Rookie

I woke up this AM to find my kid deleted Sling on his bedroom TV which deleted it on every TV. Sling is easy. The credentials are remembered in the Roku account. When he does Disney Plus, Netflix, Amazon Prime, et al, not so easy. It requires logging in and activating at every TV all over again. This feature is needed ASAP. For some reason Roku doesn’t want to do this and they’re very sensitive about it. Everyone who even mentions it on Reddit gets their post removed and banned from the r/Roku Reddit. We have four TCL Roku TVs and four Roku sticks. We’ve invested heavily in their product. It would be nice to be taken seriously.

Technovore

Really, Roku, now that you and Google are at an impasse and removed YouTube TV from your app/channel store, we are royally screwed if someone accidentally deletes it now -- because we can't get it back due to your joint actions.

Whether you like it or not, YTTV is our main TV provider now.  YOU, ROKU, even got us started with YTTV because our Roku box came with a free month of YTTV, and it gave us all the channels we needed to cut the cord.

So you bear at least some of the responsibility here to help us keep it functional going forward on your platform (and I don't want to hear about casting -- the picture quality is noticeably inferior and the audio is out of sync with the video during casting, so it completely SUCKS! as an inferior alternative.)

I understand your position on Google overreaching, but if you don't add a channel delete PIN protection feature right NOW to help your users, then you are worse than Google (and that's saying something).  Right now I am heavily considering buying a different streaming box (NOT from Roku) because of these corporate shenanigans and Roku's complete lack of concern or responsiveness to this PIN delete protection feature request from your customers for nearly THREE YEARS now.

It's not difficult to add this feature, and now you have a LOT of people that could leave your platform.

So, we are all asking very nicely here, would you please add a channel delete protection feature so that an irreplaceable app doesn't get deleted?

That would show everyone you are the better company and keep us as customers.

Either that, or resolve the situation with Google. As a technologist, I have to believe that adding the PIN delete protection feature is going to be a lot easier and faster.

BradVR4

I couldn't agree more. I have the Spectrum app on my account, and I'm waiting for one of my renters to accidently delete it - if that happens I'm hosed on about 12 TVs across 4 properties. That will be a very expensive situation. I've thought about bringing it to my renters attention, but I'm afraid if I call attention to it, someone will try it out "for fun".

PLEASE add a pin code to protect channel deletion.

+1 to this issue coming up with vacation rental guests.

0 Kudos