Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uski

Feature Request: USB Keyboard support

Hello,

Can you please add support for USB keyboards ? Just the standard USB HID protocol.

It would be SO MUCH more convenient to do searches, enter passwords, etc.

I know the Roku app can also do it but it is less convenient than having a wireless USB keyboard around.

Thanks

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
kteeter
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: USB Keyboard support

I would LOVE to have a keyboard too. I can use the remote and my phone, but my elderly mom and my thick-fingered husband need something easier--like a real physical keyboard please.

Bladerunner512
Reel Rookie

YES YES YES - had roku for years - still no usb keyboard support - what's take to add add usb driver through firmware update?!? Did anyone in QA every try to type entries using remote or TV app - feels like 20th century tech...ridiculous. This is actually my only complaint after years of Roku use...otherwise great product.

0 Kudos
crxssi
Binge Watcher

They don't even need to "add" support for HID, it is built-into Linux (which is what they use).  Roku had to specifically not include HID keyboard support, and I don't know why they would do that.

0 Kudos
Tim_Hare
Streaming Star

Bluetooth keyboard support would be nice too

0 Kudos