Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
therockchild
Channel Surfer

Feature Request: Theme Requests Here

Hey all,

So I want to show to Roku team that there is a want for newer/more modern themes available not only for free but also for purchase in the theme store.

The screensaver from winter last year and this current city scroll movie magic clearly shows they have someone who is more than capable of offering a wider selection of newer and awesome themes. I know in the grand scheme of things its not THAT important but if enough people request the want for more themes, hopefully they will hear it and work on it.

Just encase you are unsure what a theme is - the themes are the background on the main roku screen. I created a couple of mock ideas just to show them what kind of thing I would like:

https://imgur.com/a/MVkEXVJ

https://imgur.com/a/9ZJq9zY

What kind of themes would you like to see? Comment below! 🙂

Labels (1)
11 REPLIES 11
AndyCalling
Roku Guru

Re: Theme Requests Here

Whilst I like to see the more complex scenes once in a while, and love the seasonal extras, I would also like to see a wider selection of the more understated or basic themes. I often use Decaffeinated, but the only alternatives really are Graphite and the original Roku theme (though it is pretty basic, that purple is a bit too loud to really work as an understated theme). For download, the closest we have is Zen and that's not just basic colours. More themes at the level of Decaffeinated and Graphite would be really nice, I'd spend a little in the store for a pack of basics.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like a theme similar to the second one therockchild posted ( https://imgur.com/a/MVkEXVJ ), soft colors blending into each other. A beach theme would also be fantastic, there's one in the Theme Store called Palms, but it's .99 cents and I'm so used to getting themes for free I haven't been able to justify to myself spending any money for one, so I'm currently using the Carnival Cruise beach theme that was free.
therockchild
Channel Surfer

"AndyCalling" wrote:
Whilst I like to see the more complex scenes once in a while, and love the seasonal extras, I would also like to see a wider selection of the more understated or basic themes. I often use Decaffeinated, but the only alternatives really are Graphite and the original Roku theme (though it is pretty basic, that purple is a bit too loud to really work as an understated theme). For download, the closest we have is Zen and that's not just basic colours. More themes at the level of Decaffeinated and Graphite would be really nice, I'd spend a little in the store for a pack of basics.

Yes, these are more simple...but it was just to give them an idea. 🙂 I feel like the theme store has been neglected and the free themes available have been there the last several years. 
The designer that created the new city scroll screensaver should totally jump into revamping the free and premium themes. 

I agree about the pack of basics, that would for sure be nice to see a couple grouped into one purchase.
0 Kudos
therockchild
Channel Surfer

"ghb51" wrote:
I'd like a theme similar to the second one therockchild posted ( https://imgur.com/a/MVkEXVJ ), soft colors blending into each other. A beach theme would also be fantastic, there's one in the Theme Store called Palms, but it's .99 cents and I'm so used to getting themes for free I haven't been able to justify to myself spending any money for one, so I'm currently using the Carnival Cruise beach theme that was free.

I agree - I was going to use the Claritin spring theme but it has their logo and junk on it and I can't stand that! I too like gradients and I think they are using some gradient colors for the built in Roku system that come on the smart TV's. 

I would buy some themes if they were done well and were more along the lines of what the Roku users would like to see. 

I am just trying to build some interest to show them we for sure would like them to add some new free and premium themes. I figured more people asking would be better than just me asking alone. 🙂 I love my Roku and I would be lost without it. So I am just trying to drum up some enthusiasm for some theme love. 

Here is a few more I did just randomly:

https://imgur.com/a/o2t3a7t
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would buy some themes if they were done well and were more along the lines of what the Roku users would like to see.

Same, the Palms beach theme is actually pretty nice if the screenshots are accurate, I'm sure I'll break down and get it eventually.

Really like the last one here, the swirly turquoise one - https://imgur.com/a/o2t3a7t
0 Kudos
Whitenoize
Visitor

Thanks for starting this thread.
I cannot figure out why they don't offer more theme options.  Online petition, anyone??
You would think that Netflix, for example, would work with Roku to promote their shows and movies. 
A 'Stranger Things' theme?  Sign me up!

Otherwise, preferences would include simple patterns like brushed metal, carbon fiber, wood, etc.  Nature themes are always good, minus the branding found on some of the current ones.
(Oh, and I am so bummed that I lost my Game of Thrones theme when I moved from an external Roku box to a TCL RokuTV.... uggggghhhh)
0 Kudos
therockchild
Channel Surfer

"Whitenoize" wrote:
Thanks for starting this thread.
I cannot figure out why they don't offer more theme options.  Online petition, anyone??
You would think that Netflix, for example, would work with Roku to promote their shows and movies. 
A 'Stranger Things' theme?  Sign me up!

Otherwise, preferences would include simple patterns like brushed metal, carbon fiber, wood, etc.  Nature themes are always good, minus the branding found on some of the current ones.
(Oh, and I am so bummed that I lost my Game of Thrones theme when I moved from an external Roku box to a TCL RokuTV.... uggggghhhh)

Thank you for commenting.

I am just hoping if we make enough noise they can let the proper people know we are hoping for some new themes....vs just me asking by myself. 🙂 I am just trying rally some positive support and glad other people agree. The new city scroll movie screensaver is awesome, I would love to see them focus on a couple of new themes of that quality too. 
0 Kudos
Katrinab807
Visitor

Could Roku bring back the Carnival cruise theme?
0 Kudos
Tide2d

Sorry to revive but I'm on board with more/new themes. Really like OP's mock-ups/designs. Also, a personal request I have is something the lines of a video game theme. Not necessarily a certain game (which could be awesome) but I'd assume copyright/trademark issues or whatever it's called. Like a general video game theme would be cool. Or just more variety. I'm no artist, but it can't be too hard for Roku to throw some new themes up to download.
0 Kudos