Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neepheid
Reel Rookie

Suggestion - ignore function of remote button press when waking up from screensaver

When the Roku goes to screensaver, whatever button you press to wake it up, that function is carried out. Can you make it so that the function of the first button press, regardless of which button used just exits screensaver and nothing more? With the screensaver on, there's no telling what state the player is in so you don't know what the button you press to exit screensaver might do. Then the next time the user presses a button, that's what gets done.

That's been my experience with most other remote controlled devices with a screensaver.

Related to this, my Roku Streaming Stick+ was on screensaver in YouTube channel at a video selection page and when I hit the OK button, I got a blank screen but the audio was working. Had to exit play then play again to get the picture to come up. If the first press only wakes the stick and restores the screen, it would give the stick a chance to be ready for the user's next command.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.