Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lfayb
Roku Guru

Re: Future feature request

"atc98092" wrote:
With the extremely low button count on a Roku remote (ignoring the four preset buttons), is it really necessary to be able to see them? I never even look at the remote, going solely by touch and memory. 
Besides, with my eyesight, I couldn't read the buttons even if they were backlit unless I grabbed my reading glasses. And I don't keep them with me in bed.  😛

We are all different.  I do look at the buttons, do not do well going by memory and touch.  It would just be nice if  touching a button would make it light up for a few seconds.  Having a button at the top or button easy to access,  for that purpose, would be great.
chuckyoung
Reel Rookie

I would like to see Roku come out with a remote with backlit buttons also
Scolli23
Streaming Star

Re: Feature Request: Remote Light Up

UPDATE:   somebody came out with a lighted ROKU remote customizable APP  buttons too .

https://www.oneforall.us/universal-remotes/urc-7935-streamer-remote

Keep this request alive. Much needed feature, lighted buttons on remote

lfayb
Roku Guru

Having an easy to reach button to light the others up sounds like a good idea.  I had not thought about it, but if the buttons were lit up all the time,  might drain the battery.  

TLR
Reel Rookie

We've had a Roku device for years and now a Roku TV... And I can agree that the biggest inconvenience is when I have to shine the light from my phone onto the remote just to see what I'm pressing. It's now almost 2020...so where's this remote option??? 

Alanbgo

Amen.

TLR
Reel Rookie

Even more annoyed to see Roku roll out a "new" remote with voice command before they could be bothered to add a backlight feature! 

CynthiaGerdes
Reel Rookie

AGREE!!! or at least list compatible remotes that DO have a backlit feature. Don't most folks watch movies with the lights turned down? C'mon Roku!!!

Insane that there isn't a backlight remote for Roku sticks.  So far I have found the voice option unhelpful since I can't find the button in the dark anyway.

archercity

this should be a top feature- i would rather have that then the netflix buttons etc

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.