Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeaGail
Binge Watcher

Feature Request: Redesign remote with mute button

The location of the Mute button is HORRIBLE!  Keep hitting it by accident all the time.  It should either be way above volume up and down or much farther below those buttons.  VERY ANNOYING!!

[post moved to appropriate board and title changed to denote feature request]

4 REPLIES 4
nocable
Roku Guru

Re: Feature Request: Redesign remote with mute button

Easy, Unmistakable Access to the remote button is critical. When any of the FREQUENT ads that come on, before watching content in MANY Roku channels, cutting that sound sound off is imperative. Plus, while on one channel, we have to see the same video over and over, and muting it instantly helps to endure the pain of seeing that same ad, again and again.

I sometimes wonder if cable companies are influenced by clients to put their mute buttons small and not large, and not in a central ergonomic easy to reach location. Robot tongue

2018 Ultra 4660
0 Kudos
JohnPC
Reel Rookie

I agree 100 %! It's so annoying having it on the side where I press it almost every time I pick up the remote. Please move it to the front. 

John C
0 Kudos
1jbushy

@JohnPC wrote:

I agree 100 %! It's so annoying having it on the side where I press it almost every time I pick up the remote. Please move it to the front. 

I totally agree! The remote location couldn't be in a worse spot. I will disable if I can. I have mutes on 3 other controls. 

0 Kudos
crxssi
Binge Watcher

I agree.

But consider yourself lucky.  Those of us with an AV receiver can't use the button AT ALL and have to find some other remote.

0 Kudos