Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cravaccio

Feature Request: Password-Protect Individual Channels

Hello - Has there been any consideration by the Roku Development Team to add password protection to accessing individual channels? For example, asking for a PIN when accessing YouTube? It would be a great addition to Parental Controls and should be relatively easy to implement. Right now, my only choice to keep a child from accessing a particular channel is to uninstall it --or take the remote away! 🙂 Thanks! 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
trekkeriii
Roku Guru

Re: Password-Protect Individual Channels

Been requested before multiple times, Roku doesn't disclose timelines or status of requested features.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - AT&T- 1000 Mbps/1000 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Roku Guru

It would be so easy to implement- I have no idea why they don't.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
cravaccio

I agree. I wonder if anyone from Roku actually reads these suggestions or replies. 
Jaronson34
Visitor

I completely agree that this NEEDS to be addressed. I'm about to get rid of this roku thing if they don't make it more administrator/kid friendly.
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

"Jaronson34" wrote:
I completely agree that this NEEDS to be addressed. I'm about to get rid of this roku thing if they don't make it more administrator/kid friendly.

Get rid of it and replace it with what? An Apple TV (that doesn’t have the feature either)? A Fire TV (that doesn’t have the feature either)? Just do without? That’s your option.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Chorky

Re: Feature Request: Password-Protect Individual Channels

Brilliant. 

Due to this problem, we're looking at removing a bunch of channels and having to re-add them whenever we want to use them, and remove them again when parents aren't around. Netflix, for example, provides parental controls per profile, but there's nothing to stop someone from switching profiles and bypassing all of that, unless we uninstall Netflix from Roku.

0 Kudos
Rosemary89

I agree! This is important

This was suggested over 2 years ago? Why hasn’t this been addressed? We have tech savvy kids stuck at home in a pandemic. There should be more control with access to Roku settings and individual channels. Please!!

RGarg
Channel Surfer

This is available in LG WEBOS Smart TVs. Should not be a big thing to implement. 

Anyone from Roku development actually reads these requests?