Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WhiteCrow49
Channel Surfer

Re: Feature Request - My Feedback

You have many good ideas. I have a smart Samsung TV that isn't that smart, meaning it doesn't have Bluetooth capability. I listen to programs with headphones plugged into the remote. In general, that's okay, but when I get up to pour some more coffee, it's a nuisance. If I could speak with developers, I would encourage them to include Bluetooth capability in the next generation of Bluetooth devices.

WhiteCrow49
0 Kudos
Siciliano57
Binge Watcher

I like your #3 and #5.

We recently switched from SlingTV to YouTubeTV and wish the remote had a blank button to program a particular streaming option. We had SlingTV for 2 years and had constant issues with local channels buffering.  I purchased better antennas, and even signal boosters.  I believe the issue was streaming via wifi using the AirTV box.  I could use the same antenna, scan 109 local channels and have no buffering. 

YouTubeTV is missing some channels we had with SlingTV but Roku has several of the channels we added.  YTTV has NBC Bay Area sports that Sling no longer has so I can watch my local teams again.

As for the Auto Launch to a specific channel, I can’t believe this is not in the settings.  I tried the Auto Launch screensaver but had some issues with it so I remove the screensaver.  This option should be a no-brainer for Roku.

0 Kudos
bili4u7

They wound up with the "Intel Inside" and "Innovative Labs" and "Sound Blaster X-Fi" and so on stickers from other past buys - in a cabinet some place, generally neglected and clearly unused.

You can likely discover unsanctioned Roku T-shirts and so on the off chance that you search online

WhiteCrow49
Channel Surfer

I guess it doesn't matter anymore for me. After more and more programs became audio free, I finally gave up and switched to the Fire Stick 4K yesterday. Now I have audio. Now I don't need to use data streaming from my phone to the TV.

WhiteCrow49
0 Kudos
K7KOJ

Re: Feature Request - I Would Add

First are the stupid vendor buttons on the remote.  I hate those things, along with most of the Channels you license them to.  They should be replaced with just a couple of buttons:  A quick picture zoom toggle.  A quick settings button and/or Inputs button.  At least give us an option to buy a remote without vendor buttons.

The Media player is awful!  It works for me but feels like 1970's tech to me. Just a few simple improvements would bring it into this century:

a) New UI built from the ground up with modern vid gallery.

b) Bookmarks to remember what has been watched.

c) Support for more file types.  Perhaps description fields.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos