Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walker26

Re: Feature Request: Configure Default Channel Selection for Guest Mode

Agree. Need this right away. VRBO owner with 4 Roku smart TVs. I have to leave instructions on how to add the spectrum app for live tv. 
need to be able to add this as a default in guest mode and avoid negative ratings new cause I am using a Roku streaming tv. 

UkiwiS
Channel Surfer

Clearly there's no way Roku is going to change anything here or they would have done so already.  We need to hack their sticks and go it alone.  Anyone tried doing this?

vpalango

Re: Add channel to Guest Mode

Thank you for the great post, and add my +1 to this feature request. 

@ROKU    Please have a product owner comment on this thread.   I'm also an owner of vacation properties, and intend to put ROKU devices in all my properties, and guest mode is a big part of why.   

So reiterating....

Please allow users to customize the default apps in Guest Mode, and thier order on the screen.   I totally understand if ROKU has contractual obligations to put some of these defaults on the screen for marketting purposes, but at least allow owners/users to ADD channels to the default list in Guest mode.

Thank You

Gavin

+1

This was a problem on a residential Spectrum account as my guests must reinstall the app every stay.  I just turned up a location that is running on a Spectrum Business account and it is worse.  The guest needs to reinstall the app, then add login credentials.  It made the guest mode far less useful.  We need a way to add a core TV channel to the guest mode.  

Just bumping this for Roku dev team. VRBO and AirBnb users are a huge market opportunity for your company. This upgrade alone would help shore-up your position. 

willije
Channel Surfer

Roku, We see that you are having an issue with Charter Spectrum and won't allow new signups.  How will that affect those of us that have Spectrum as a provider and use guest mode in our vacation rentals?  It seems like after the next signout (for us it's this Saturday) we won't have Spectrum local stations anymore until you resolve the dispute!  Help!

StoryHack
Channel Surfer

This is a separate problem and should probably be moved to it's own thread so that team Roku might actually see it. They seem to be ignoring this thread anyway.

Tags (1)
Stephane
Channel Surfer

I would also like this feature. It is a great concept. But I cannot leave my guests' Roku in "Guest Mode" because they will be missing key apps. I run an Emby server to provide live TV so I need the Emby app installed. Asking guests to add the app themselves is too complicated. So Roku, you are missing out on potential income because my guests can't pay for movie rentals.

Timthek

Yes! Please! What is the point of guest mode if every guest has to start off installing apps??? Let the owner of the device determine the default apps for their guests. This is ridiculous that iHeartRadio and ABCNews Live are default apps but my guests have to search and install things like HBO Max and Disney+. 

Come on Roku you are better than this!

MDinTV
Channel Surfer

To make things worse, Roku and spectrum are in a standoff over royalties. This has further limited access to spectrum on Roku devices. It’s likely they will settle their differences, but at would cost to us?! 

Months and years of complaining seem to reach no one. But my hope is there negotiations will include better access to spectrum from guest mode. 

anyone know how to reach spectrum negotiators?