Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lpd-airbnbhost
Reel Rookie

Re: Add Spectrum app to default app list in Guest Mode

+1 on this suggestion. Some guests who are not technology savvy will get frustrated by having to navigate through the menu system just to watch live TV (which many older guests still prefer). It would be a lot easier if we could customize the Roku menu.

lpd-airbnbhost
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: Configure Channel Selection for Guest Mode

I run an AirBnb and would also appreciate the ability to customize the default channel selection in guest mode from the Roku website. Right now I have to sign-in in guest mode and do this manually before each guest arrives. It's definitely a pain. 

Kathryn

I would also love to add this feature. We are cutting the cord in our vacation rentals and I ROKU guest mode would be perfect if we could also provide some apps that we have already signed into. In the meantime I will log onto them before the guests arrive but I can see that this is going to get old pretty quick! 

YXR

Same request. Please fix this. 

KevinNH

Same here.  The ability to define and retain the default channel list and their positions between guest mode logouts would be ideal.  It would also be helpful to be allowed to configure the position of the "Add Channel" and "TV Off" selections.  With the current defaulted number of channels you have to scroll down to even see these options.  The goal is to try and configure this to be easy for a first time user to figure out and navigate.

tomr50
Channel Surfer

It looks like Roku has gone silent on this request.  I too would like to create my own default channels on guest mode. Spectrum needs to be added for all the reasons stated.  Roku... any update??

thanks.

MDinTV
Channel Surfer

UPDATE. After months with no response on this from Roku, let’s approach this from a different angle. Please contact Spectrum and in your own words, articulate this challenge. Hearing from this many concerned Spectrum/Roku customers, might be enough for someone at Spectrum with influence to lean on Roku, on our behalf. 

Daren
Reel Rookie

ROKU forum moderators!  Why are you not replying and forwarding this common sense request to your product team?  I am a Product Manager myself, and cannot believe you arent responding to this, getting this use case in front of your product team and getting it prioritized. This is a very simple feature request that will add ENORMOUS value to your product during a prime window where you can really increase your market share. This feature would be essential to anyone who rents or has an Airbnb and is debating getting Rokus or TVs with integrated Roku. I'm shocked your product managers didn't already think of this. Please reply. 

JFSully_55

I also rent a place that has Roku.  I would like to include for my guests one streaming service such as Youtube TV or HULU and then allow them to add in guest mode any other streaming service that they own.   Such as Netflix.  That way when they sign out their services are removed but the one I include for them remains.  At present this is not possible.  This makes Guest mode unusable if you are providing a service with the rental.  

WillowPond

Re: Add channel to Guest Mode

The Roku response doesn't answer the question.

We need the ability to save a custom channel/app line up to Guest Mode, so that guests don't need to add the necessary app (Spectrum TV) in order to watch basic television. 

There needs to be a 'Guest Mode Setup' section in the main Roku settings, where the administrator can set the default apps for Guest Mode, then, when Guest Mode is activated, the Guest will always see the apps we have set up for them.  They would still have the ability to add more apps, but only the one's added within Guest Mode would go away when the guest logs out, and the apps/channels that the administrator set up would still be there when the next guest logs in.