Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gisele13
Reel Rookie

Feature Request: Allow users to Self-select Antenna TV Favorites on Roku TV

Antenna channel guide chooses our favorites for us? I want to choose them myself. Allow
users to "heart" a local channel as a favorite. Roku selected mine for me but there's 2 other channels I watch just as much as those "favorites" and I now have to go searching past favorites to regular list to find them. So they take longer to select. Let the users decide!!

Labels (1)
21 REPLIES 21
Johnerie88
Reel Rookie

Favorite Channels

We need the ability to manually favorite over the air channels to our guide, not that current feature that adds them based on what channels we watch the most.  This feature was available before, we were able to "heart" our favorites.  There are many channels that we may want to favorite that we don't watch frequently. 

Gmarie0524a
Channel Surfer

Re: Feature Request: Allow users to Self-select Antenna TV Favorites on Roku TV

i finally see what you're talking about with the favorites.  i started losing mine yesterday.  all the hearts are still checked in all channels, but when i switch to favorites some are gone.  i have the stick and a roku tv.  i  have the spectrum app and thought i was good.  is this fixable or roku is controlling it?  anybody know?

Overcomplicated
Reel Rookie

I strongly second the request for a change to "favorites".  Having two identical Roku TVs, one that was just updated with OS version 9.2.0 and one with the original 8.0.2 that it was built with... I HATE, HATE, HATE the change made to the "favorites" in 9.2.  To be honest, I think the 8.0.2 "favorites" could have been done more elegantly, but the 9.2 downright SUCKS!  Stop with the "AI" mentality of "I am the machine, and know what you want"... and instead allow the customer to make such selections.  I HATE this operation bad enough that If I had seen this prior, I most likely wouldn't have bought the TVs.

dchdch

Re: Favorite Channels

This "feature" of auto-favoriting channels is bad. Just plain bad. Please allow the user to make their own d4mn favorites, thank you.

agharamin

IT WOULD BE GREAT IF WE AS THE OWNER OF THE TV HAD THE RIGHT AND OPTION TO ADD WHATEVER CHANNEL WE WANT TO OUR FAVORITES.

CAN YOU PLEASE ADD THIS OPTION TO THE NEXT UPDATE TO ALLOW US TO SELECT AND ADD CHANNELS TO FAVORITES BASED ON OUR NEEDS.

THIS WILL BRING ME BACK AS A CUSTOMER AGAIN AND WILL STOP MANY OF US FROM SWITCHING TO OTHER BRANDS THAT ACTUALLY ALLOW US AS OWNERS HAVE CONTROL ON OUR TV CHANNEL LIST.

THANK YOU

5427T

I agree. There should be a way to override the logarithm which decides which channels are favorites off the antenna. I know you can scroll through dozens of channels to find the "non-favorites' above or below the favorites to locate a "lesser-favorite," but it is a lousy solution. Can they add some fix on the next OS update?

Kaliee

I wanted a smart tv so I got a TCL.ROKUTV. What a joke, if I could take it back I would in a heartbeat,  it choses my fav. channels for me and then hids them from regular view. This is not a good tv.

bryburns

Please allow users of Roku devices to choose their own favorites.  Why is that a problem?

Overcomplicated
Reel Rookie

Hello Roku... is anyone home?!?  It's been how many months since you implemented this absolutely pathetic operation of "favorites"?  When are you going to fix it?  The fix needs to start with firing the s/w engineers or "feature architects" that came up with this mess, revert back to what you had previously.  It's not that hard...