Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian555

Re: Feature Request: Airplay on Roku Devices

Jump to solution

Another +1 to airplay.  This is literally the only thing holding my wife back from giving me the green light to replace the Apple TV in the living room.

0 Kudos
Liya1528

Jump to solution

But what if u forgot your pin but I’m tryna figure out how I can reset my pin in order for me to do it

0 Kudos
usswl
Channel Surfer

Re: Apple TV

Jump to solution

All of my Roku's support DD, Dolby Atmos, DTS, Dolby Vision and HDR10.

I have a TCL Roku TV. But I also have an LG CX with a Roku plugged in.  The only piece I'm missing right now is the HBO Max app (that is supported on neither Roku, nor LG) - but I do have an Xbox One X that does carry HBO Max.

To an extent it's about what one wants (and I want HBO Max because I pay for HBO via my TV Service). I actually streamed it from my (Android) phone to my TCL/Roku TV and I'm not sure if it was a 4K picture, but it was sharp as heck.

Any way, my original point is perhaps you have a different version(s) of ROKU than me.  The range is rather confusing, to be honest.  But it is a good product.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@awp69 wrote:

Any update on Airplay 2 coming to Roku? There were numerous articles about it earlier this month. Anxious for this to be a thing! (also would love to see iTunes come to Roku)

If you want AirPlay 2, upgrade from Roku to a Smart TV, or a different streaming player (Amazon Fire TV or Android TV), Keep in mind, though, that AirPlay 2 for Amazon Fire TV and Android TV are developed by third party companies, unfortunately, but fortunately, AirPlay 2 for Smart TVs isn’t, instead, it is officially developed by Apple Inc.

For Roku streaming players, an alternative to AirPlay 2 is called Mirror for Roku, unfortunately developed by third party company iStreamer.

An alternative wireless streaming player to the official Apple branded Lightning adapter is called Chromecast, developed and manufactured by Google, a subsidiary of Alphabet, Inc. since it supports Apple devices with iOS operating system.

~Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@JEEVO wrote:

There is an alternative to AirPlay 2 on all Roku TVs and devices already: "Mirror for Roku". The app is available for iOS: http://bit.ly/ios-roku

And MacOS: http://bit.ly/TryRoku

And the streaming channel for your Roku is free to install: http://bit.ly/roku-app

Yeah, but keep in mind that it is unfortunately developed by a third party company called iStreamer.

~Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Apple TV

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

At this time, no Roku supports Air Play. There is talk about support for Air Play 2 coming, but nothing firm has been released yet.

Yeah, only streaming player to support AirPlay is Apple TV.

~Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Airplay 2

Jump to solution

@DBDukes wrote:
"awp69" wrote:
Any update on Airplay 2 coming to Roku? There were numerous articles about it earlier this month. Anxious for this to be a thing! (also would love to see iTunes come to Roku)

Tanner said to watch the Roku blog, as that place, not here, will be the first source of official information. And that’s absolutely true.

If you’re just wanting rumors, heck, we can make some up. That’ll be about as reliable as anything.

For example, a Google search for “Roku AirPlay 2” gets one that says “Apple’s AirPlay 2 TV integration crashes Roku stock after investors call company ‘uninvestable’” and another that says “Airplay 2 may come to Roku devices, leaving the Apple TV high and dry

As you can see, not a lot of facts, but tons of opinion, often contradictory.

You can ask for rumors, and that’s exactly what you’ll get. Truth takes time, and will go through channels.

AirPlay 2 will probably not be supported on Roku, as unfortunately, there are alternative apps, and if that’s the case, Apple Inc. will never be affiliated with Roku, Inc.

AirPlay 2 is currently only supported on Smart TVs.

~Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Dselevan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku,

I need a 65” tv with hbo max. If you add airplay support, I’m ready to buy a 65” Tcl. Please provide airplay support and/or hbo max. Then I’ll buy another tv. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
robto

Jump to solution

now it is supposed to be available but roku does not appear on the airplay menu

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.