Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akakar4858
Streaming Star

Re: Feature Request: Adjust volume Roku Surround Sound TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart S

Jump to solution

So my issue all along hasn't been that the volume is too high or too low, my issue has been we do NOT have control over the volume to set it to high, medium, low or to specific number lets say between 1-100. There are different situations where at times you want the surround sound to be lower or higher. 

Pcola10k
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: Adjust volume Roku Surround Sound TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart S

Jump to solution

Poor integration of the satellite speakers with the sound bar. Can't independently control rear speaker volume, base or treble. Even when setting the system to MUSIC and or NIGHT mode audio defaults to surround sound when the integrated Roku receiver receives broadcasts in surround sound on many streams. There is a workaround on Netflix and a few other streams but none found for Prime and other streams. I've spent all the time I'm going to trying to figure this out. The topic has been brought up months ago right after the rear speakers were first updated to work with the surround bar but no fix or even response from Roku. There going back.

hack
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: Adjust volume of TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart Soundbar for Surro

Jump to solution

Just wondering! Is there any impact from the users on Roku.  This sound issue seems to be  a problem for months.   This company should  have had the software update to correct this problem already. Better yet, before the release of the soundbar an experience company would have done the appropriate testing and integration making certain that all components work  seamlessly. It is shameful that there is NOT YET a fix for this problem. 

alexsoko
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just bought the wireless speakers and soundbar and set them up for surround and the speakers are basically inaudible. This isn't just a feature. This is a complete design flaw.

mcgooze
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

For all who are finding the surround speakers to be inaudible, make sure your system is updated to the latest version (9.3.0, build 4170). They did a significant improvement to making the surround speakers audible, but there is still no separate user control for the balance between speakers.

alexsoko
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the most updated software (just to be sure I checked both my Roku TV and the Roku Soundbar). It is super quiet.

I don't have any plugs near my couch in my living room, my speakers are on stands on the back wall of the living room (~ 3 or 4 feet away from the couch). Unless I am standing within 1 foot of the speaker I can't hear them.

It's ridiculous to assume that everyone would have exactly the same surround setup in their space with the speakers on (what looks like in the diagram that appears during setup) a table directly behind the couch.  Further, this problem would be so incredibly easy to solve by just giving an interface to increase in volume on the speakers based on distance!

streamy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just bought the wireless speakers to add to the soundbar and wireless sub-woofer.  While I am generally pleased with how these three products seamlessly integrate, the glaring omission of an independent volume control for the surround speakers is astonishing. It's both a marketing and engineering failure to provide simple, basic tools to deliver simple, basic product integration.  The only reason I have not returned the product is my belief that ROKU will fix this perplexing omission soon, because it is simply too embarrassing to ROKU to believe that they won't. I have to marvel at your product managers, who can waste development dollars on a second satellite remote that no one likes or uses, but saw fit to untick the box for an independent volume control feature for the wireless speakers. What?  So nearly close to getting it right, ROKU, but not yet. 

Christiaan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please add this feature. Concept is good but current surround sound does not work well without the ability to turn up volume on WiFi speakers. 

lhingle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree with the other users.  Spending $150 for rear speakers that you can't hear is a waste of money.  Roku, do something to improve this experience.

hernah

Jump to solution

To see that this issue has been on going since release feb 2020, Roku should either release a statement regarding issue/fix or remove their advertisement for surround sound. Very misleading along with all the reviews on the internet. Its as if Roku sponsored or paid reviewers. Honestly roku surround sound is garbage atm. So much potential, but I had to remove the soundbar. soundbar was too overpowering, rear speakers barely any sound. sub was over shadowed by sound bar. good idea, very poor execution. stop advertising surround sound because its non existent. 

@akakar4858 wrote:

Greetings Roku Team, 

I'd like to request an update or addition to the recently added Roku Smart Soundbar update where you can now pair the TV Wireless Speakers to mimic surround sound. Could you please implement an update where we can adjust the volume of the rear speakers (TV Wireless Speakers) for a louder/quieter surround experience. Currently the TV Wireless Speakers are often too soft to be heard when using them for Surround purposes.