Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SmilingBob
Streaming Star

Feature Request - Ability to Downgrade Updates

As just another suggestion, it would be really GREAT to have a firmware feature in the Roku settings to REVERT back to the last previous firmware.  It seems like this is not the first time things get broken with new releases, and folks could just revert until bugs get worked out.

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
ScottCal
Streaming Star

Re: Update 9.2 broke dolby digital

The revert is a great suggestion—that way, too, people can test from one version to another. As a newer Roku user, I've only had 9.2.  If reverting worked, I would stick with the previous version. I second that motion!
Otherwise, Roku is a great, great product.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Feature Request - Ability to Downgrade Updates

[Moving to Suggest a Feature]

Thanks for sharing the suggestion! We'll pass the feedback along.

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RokuTannerD wrote:

[Moving to Suggest a Feature]

Thanks for sharing the suggestion! We'll pass the feedback along.

Cheers,

Tanner

I "upgraded" 9.3 to 9.2 via the Roku secret platform menu. On 9.2, the secret platform menu just reapplies the 9.2 s/w. I'm guessing that you can use it to revert to the prior s/w within a certain window after an upgrade; at any rate, 9.3 to 9.2 worked for me on two different Ultras (since your upgrade broke another function in Hulu, again).

0 Kudos
JeffP21
Reel Rookie

Adding this topic to my needed features.

Update to version 10 now has 3 Ultra's we have in the house with no volume control.

Previous version worked great. Sorry but I am unsure of previous version as the box updates on it's own schedule. Having a revert/down grade option is needed. Should be a requirement as I now have 3 boxes that don't work and is because Roku updated them. I presently do not have anyway to fix this because Roku only controls the versions allowed on my box.

Does not seem fair at all?

Forthstar
Reel Rookie

I'm with JeffP21 on this.  It's not fair that Roku can update working devices that we paid for and own.  I have a video server on my home network with a library on it that is having audio problems after 10.0.0 update.  Updating should be optional with the ability to rollback standard.

0 Kudos