Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SciFiJunkie
Reel Rookie

Faster Roku with better processor, more RAM and storage

I have the Roku stick through the top of the line Roku and they are all very slow with app loading, switching, content and all around. The Roku Ultra is wired to my main switch and still it’s slow. It would be a great addition for a Roku Pro that had a faster processor and more Ram. Also adding the ability to download movies so the quality does not change during playback. Most small TVs do not need this, but on larger TVs it would be good to have this option, even if it was adding an SD card to it.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Faster Roku with better processor, more RAM and storage

I don't know of any streaming device that allows downloads. The closest are some phone apps that allow it, but usually only for subscription services, and even then, may require higher-end subscriptions (Peacock Premium Plus, Paramount + ad-free, etc...) Other than possible screen mirroring, they probably have security that prevents them from being viewed on anything other than the downloaded device.

0 Kudos
madmax2069
Binge Watcher

Re: Faster Roku with better processor, more RAM and storage

The video and audio quality doesn't change on my Roku Ultra,  when I watch content in UHD (4k) ot remains in UHD, the network and internet speeds are what effect that, not necessarily CPU and ram. 

0 Kudos