Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tami4evr
Binge Watcher

How to Download the Discovery Plus App

@Mauraclegg 

@Betsylynne & @AndiRed  I spent 2 hours trying to figure how to get the Discovery Plus app on my TCL Roku TV & this is what you need to do.’

Download the Roku app on your cellphone. You have to go through the app for some reason cuz the app isn’t on the TCL ROKU TV yet. Once you do that you need to click the blue download link below next to ROKU.

0C5022DD-9D06-46C8-9338-94F9FF37442C.jpeg

This will take you to MOVIES & TV apps that are available. Scroll slowly until you see the Discovery Plus app & click to install it. Once you do that it will say “INSTALLED” then you go to your TCL ROKU TV & the app will be at the bottom where all your installed apps are. Click the * on your remote & you can move the app to wherever you want it.

Hope this was helpful! Have fun streaming!

0 Kudos
kazukia
Channel Surfer

Re: Channel Request: Please add Discovery Plus

Thank you Roku! Thanks to all who helped get this tile added. I am so happy to be a Roku user.

0 Kudos
Pfry2754

Re: Please add Discovery Plus

@makaiguy wrote:

Being in talks is one thing.  Coming to agreement is another.  These are business decisions with both sides trying to maximize their deal.

But note that Roku does not create the channel apps, the channel owners do.  Roku just provides the platform on which they run.  Discovery Plus won't be on Roku until Discovery supplies the app.

0 Kudos
me4
Streaming Star

Re: Please add Discovery Plus

Discovery+ is now up and running, so no more waiting and wondering if.  Totally worth it!  Just go to search on your home screen and you'll find it quickly....

0 Kudos
me4
Streaming Star

OK.  I get what you are saying, but the thing is, you still have to pay for SOMETHING to get these discovery channels.  Dish and cable aren't free; Philo, Sling, Hulu, Fubo, YouTube (pay version), you name it, all are pay for it.  So unless you want to side load channels onto your jailbroke Firestick (and pay for a VPN), Discovery+ offers more selection put together than any of them and for way less money.  If you already pay for one of these to get sports, you may be outta luck, but it's still nice having all these programs through one app.  By the way, I'm 72 years old, so not exactly "teenage forum" material.

0 Kudos
Tami4evr
Binge Watcher

Discovery Plus IS Available!

B38C9E37-70F5-4ECA-9F34-7931E05D4B73.jpeg

0 Kudos
OmaMu
Channel Surfer

THANK YOU ROKU & DISCOVERY +, I was just able to add the app to my lineup of apps, and I have opted for the commercial free version.  I believe that the price of $6.99 is a bargain, and I have a 7 day free trial so if I do not like I just cancel!

0 Kudos
OmaMu
Channel Surfer

They just did!  I have added it to my ROKU 2

0 Kudos
eil

Why are somany people making this request, it is supposed to be a feature .Why does it say customer support ,wit pictogram of headset =NO SUCH THING !

0 Kudos
Tami4evr
Binge Watcher

@eil, on January 4th the Discovery Plus App was launched but we were unable to get it through the app section of our TCL ROKU TV. It’s a new streaming service that you pay for so those who wanted this app were unable to get it & were very upset! As of yesterday, the 5th, it’s been added. 

I figured out you could get the app through the Roku website even though the app wasn’t amongst the apps section on our TV. Looks like all is running well now.

0 Kudos