Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anonymous4
Reel Rookie

Re: CSPAN / CSPAN Channels

Jump to solution

c-span.org is better than nothing but I think it is basically viewing a web page on your TV and is not the same as C-SPAN TV which includes C-SPAN, C-SPAN2 and C-SPAN3 channels.

0 Kudos
anonymous4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I would guess that if Roku wanted to have C-SPAN TV it would have to contribute $ to supporting it, just like the cable TV providers are doing. Maybe Roku could offer it for a monthly fee to offset their expense. But, since it is hard to get C-SPAN TV on any of the streaming services (I think maybe 1 service (YoutubeTV ?) offers C-SPAN and maybe C-SPAN2 channels) it is an incentive not to drop cable. So maybe the cable companies will not want to let Roku play. I hope that is not the case since I think the original idea of c-span was to help keep the public better informed. We need that more than ever.

GeorgeHolland
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Perhaps we contact billionaire democrats asking them to donate to C-SPAN for the creation of a ROKU app for C-SPAN, C-SPAN2, and C-SPAN 3. These billionairs would be greatly interested in getting real Congressional footage to the less-wealthy voting public. What do you think?

Mike9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@GeorgeHolland

Wow, that is a brilliant idea! Getting backers to break C-SPAN out of Cable Jail would definitely sort out who of that lot truly for the people.

GeorgeHolland
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
seaward
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The are not a public entity. They are a 503-c non-profit corp created in 1979 by Brian Lamb. Their board of directors had a lot of cable tv exec on it though. The fee of $.06 per subscriber was paid in 2012 by the cable companies to c-span so maybe a little bit more now. 

I would be willing to pay $5 a month or so to get all 3 C-span channels on ROKU as a paid stream. 

Re: Channel Request: CSPAN / CSPAN Channels

Jump to solution

I'd like to see CSPAN 3 on Roku, 

0 Kudos
Obidonrw

Jump to solution

Republicans don't want CSPAN on Roku it would blow holes in their world of fantasy.

0 Kudos
Rock-em
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Read Miranda Devine's LAPTOP FROM **bleep** and tell me again who lives in a fantasy world!

0 Kudos