Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R0kuRat
Channel Surfer

Backup function for Roku to prevent data loss

Roku should have a backup function to backup settings and channels to a USB drive without formatting, as it only supports FAT32 and FAT. It should backup the backups to the .rokubackup  folder in the USB drive in a folder with the timestamp. This would make updates more painless and especially for gamers to keep their scores and users to not have to set up again. The program should backup the settings, channel arrangement, the list of previously installed channels to redownload them, developer mode status, Roku account, and channel registry (Accounts and game saves) (includes themes and screensaver settings) on default. You can click advanced to add cache, which backs up cachefs of the channels for faster loading, and you can also select to backup channel packages (including themes and screensavers) JUST IN CASE it gets taken off the store and for people with low bandwidth in 3rd world countries. You can also backup to google drive just like WhatsApp does, but you need to contact google to give a thumbs up. For google backups, you can only make 1 backup at a time and it cannot include cache or packages.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Backup function for Roku to prevent data loss

I would settle for my channel logins and watch history etc. syncing to my Roku account (and hence syncing across multiple devices).

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
R0kuRat
Channel Surfer

Re: Backup function for Roku to prevent data loss

That would be good selectively.

0 Kudos