Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhub1976
Reel Rookie

Assisted Listening mode in addition to Private listening mode for people with hearing loss

It would be great for people with hearing loss to be able to use a function similar to Private listening mode (I'm dubbing it "Assisted Listening Mode") that does NOT mute the sound from the TV.  This would allow them to hear the sound through a headset without having to raise the TV volume to a point that is bothersome to the others around them. Forgive me if this has already been posted. 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
tjhaine
Reel Rookie

Re: Assisted Listening mode in addition to Private listening mode for people with hearing loss

I could really use this feature as my hearing is impaired and My wife’s hearing is fine.  I use earphones and she listens to the tv.  

I cannot do this with the Roku steaming stick.

Please add this feature.

many thanks.

Daindron

Re: Assisted Listening mode in addition to Private listening mode for people with hearing loss

I need the same feature. We have a family member who's hard of hearing and needs earphones to watch TV. But others want to watch at the same time. I purchased a Roku Streambar with the add on speakers (2 side, 1 base), but it appears this can't be done. If I can't get it to work, I'll have to return everything and look for another option. It's sad that with a Roku hearing impaired people can't watch TV with anyone else, they have to watch alone (insert sad face here).

0 Kudos