Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stitch
Reel Rookie

App-Wide Font Override Option

SceneGraph provides preset Font definitions of:

• LargeSystemFont
  • MediumSystemFont
  • SmallSystemFont
  • SmallestSystemFont
  • LargeBoldSystemFont
  • MediumBoldSystemFont
  • SmallBoldSystemFont
  • SmallestBoldSystemFont

I would like the ability to define a single document similar to how translation files are used to override these values or define new ones. This would save me a lot of effort on how custom fonts are applied within an app. Additionally as Enterprise developers are a primary target for the roku platform most have some level of brand guidelines that include specific typography.

Example of what i'd like to see:

example standard location: pkg:/fonts/override.xml

<FontDefinition
  Name="LargeSystemFont"
  URI="pkg:/fonts/myfont.ttf" />

This would be defined at a top level directory one time. Following that any resource that looks at LargeSystemFont as it's font, would be redirected to my custom definition. Saving me a lot of lines of code and a lot of time/effort/testing.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.