Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jp144
Streaming Star

A setting to hide all tv-MA shows from The Roku Channel app

I would like a Parental Control setting in The Roku Channel app to hide all thumbnails for selected MPAA ratings like tv-MA (but for me also Rated R and tv-16). I know some shows are not rated (UR), so you could let us decide if we want to filter out UR (unrated) or not.

BTW I’m okay with you defaulting The Roku Channel to everything showing up, but just give us the option to chose to filter out content ratings we find inappropriate for our particular families.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
jp144
Streaming Star

Re: A setting to hide all tv-MA shows from The Roku Channel app

PS. I was on an Air Canada flight just this weekend and they allowed me to hide all Movies in the in-flight entertainment either by R and above, PG-13 and above, or PG and above.

It worked great. I personally chose to hide everything PG-13 and above and was left with several PG and G rated titles to chose from. After selecting it, it hid all other movies. And instead of frustratingly searching and searching and searching for something to find I ended up watching 3 good quality PG rated movies on the long flight from Dublin to Vancouver: Jersey, Leap Year, and Gallipoli. And I had several others flagged to watch after that like: Martian Child, Temple Grandin, and Chariots of Fire.  

Imagine that! Less time being frustrated, and more time watching movies! Is that too much to ask for Roku?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.