Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zan369

Keep the Roku Screensaver Town Pure

While the Roku is inactive it plays a screen saver of a scrolling cityscape. It was very calming, it had nice colors as well as subtle and clever nods to classic movies.

Now the town has a Walmart, Acura dealership, and Fox News billboard. Can we please have the old, simple town back?

6 REPLIES 6
catmandu13

Re: Keep the Roku Screensaver Town Pure

I agree. If anything else pops up I'm changing the screensaver to something else. I see enough ads using roku as it is.

The seasonal town screensaver is something I look forward to, my family really enjoy looking through trying to spot the movie/tv show references. Ads really tarnish the appeal.

Alyluca

Roku city should stay ad free!!!

LexThetRex

Agreed! If they start selling out I will seriously start looking for a different platform to stream content from. Not a fan when companies develop something pure and enjoyable then suddenly take it with **bleep** like that.

nomad07
Roku Guru

Roku like many companies make most all their money from advertising.

There are a ton of other screen savers so one other have to suit your taste. 

I love my Roku.  More than my AppleTV. But I use my Roku less and less due to all the ads. The Spacial Surround and all the custom settings to adjust for just about anything. 

Tanji1a

Agreed. Was hoping to find this thread! Sick of being bombarded by this. 

0 Kudos
Natty23

I like the previous Roku City!

When i was going through cancer treatment, watching roku city was calming since i couldnt listen to sound or watch anything else. Recently, the neighborhood had changed.

I dislike the cars that drive by even though they dont race through, they distract from the buildings i like looking at. Buildings such as the refinery, roku headquarters,  the apt with the umbrella with the deli or babershop nearby. The old house, the fancy apartment with the streetlight, the movie theatre, city hall, and the multiplex for dining and shopping. 

I also dont mind the seasonal changes that last a few weeks but then go back to the regular city. 

The golden bachelorette mansion and other weird buildings that aren't part of the "neighborhood" don't really fit. I like the weirdly chaotic but calm backdrop. The original is really good. I dont mind putting ads on the bilboards for new shows tho. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. You have really great artists. I really like roku city. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.