Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cjohns910910
Binge Watcher

roku express 3930RW keeps rebooting

So exactly 15 mintues ago, my roku express 3930, that doesn't offer customer service support for reasons that probably don't make sense, suddenly turned off then rebooted itself. At first I was like "oh ok, well maybe it's a just doing a systme upgrade" but after it restarted I went back to what I was watching and it played for 10 seconds, and rebooted again. So, once again, I said no biggie, I'll take my dogs outside while it reboots. Came back inside, went back to what I was watching and once again....IT REBOOTED!!! This happened a total of 6 times. Time I click on what I was watching, or click on another app, it reboots! I can not get my player to play anything because it will not stay on long enough for me watch something other than 10 seconds of what I am watching. I have been using this player to watch apps since 7pm today, it is not 12:57pm and it just starting doing this. My other roku is not doing this rebooting mess, just this one.

IF ANYONE IS HAVING THIS ISSUE PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT IS GOING ON!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku express 3930RW keeps rebooting

When that happens, it's most often a power supply issue.  If you're using the TV's USB port for power, try a USB power adapter/charger that can supply at least 1 Amp plugged into the wall.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Cjohns910910
Binge Watcher

Hello @renojim I have it plugged into the tv HDMI port and the power cord that it came with and adapter. It has been working fine all day and all last year, but all of a sudden...it will not stop rebooting.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Try another one if you have one and/or a different USB cable.  These little power adapters aren't the most reliable electronic devices.  About all that's left after that is a factory reset.  If it still doesn't work and it's less than a year old, there's always the warranty.

How to factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Cjohns910910
Binge Watcher

I definitely know the warranty is no longer valid. This roku is almost 2 years old, I think. I don't know what the issue was but it seems to be working now. So far it hasn't rebooted in 8 minutes....

Well, Nevermind, It just rebooted.

I will do what you suggested a little later on. I'm just fed up with roku products, they give me a headache.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.