Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lgutix
Reel Rookie

Re: out of the blue, Paramount+ not working

Jump to solution

Yeah me too but with no results. Starting to feel what Einstein supposedly said about the definition of insanity. 

HowardGinDC
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

At least on my TV, this troubleshooting procedure won't work. When I click the star button on the remote the options for the Paramount+ channel are as follows:

Move app

Move app to top

Manage subscription

Check for updates

Close

You will note that "Remove channel" is not an option. I did check for updates and it reported it's up to date.

0 Kudos
HowardGinDC
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yesterday I received an email from Paramount+ as follows:

Good news! The issue you reported should now be resolved. Please verify that this is fixed on your device, and let us know if you continue to have any trouble. As this is an automated email, we ask that you contact our customer service team, here. Just send us a brief description of what you're experiencing, so we can investigate further. Thank you!

However, upon checking I found that the issue is not resolved. I'll be letting them know, but won't be getting my hopes up.

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If the remove option is not available, that usually means you are paying for the subscription through Roku.

bzcam
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I received the same message and had the same outcome.  Paramount+ still not working on Premiere and Premiere+.  How hard is it to update the app?  It used to work.

0 Kudos
HowardGinDC
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I do understand that's what it means, but why would the moderator suggest a trouble-shooting procedure that can't be followed?

0 Kudos
hevnbown
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How in the world did you find a number to call them??? I got so frustrated with the whole thing I cancelled my subscription. Guess I'll give them a call & see. THANK YOU for the number!

0 Kudos
HowardGinDC
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You're welcome. 

I just called P+ again and told them that despite their victory declaration the issue still persists. The agent said she would escalate the issue and issued me a new case number. An email from P+ just arrived as follows:

Your case has been escalated for review and one of our customer care agents will be in touch with you as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience. Thank you.

BTW if you decide to call P+ know that the estimated wait time on my two calls was in each case much shorter than estimated.

hevnbown
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Para+ & they're upgrading the problem (sending up the chain of command) as they couldn't fix it with the general "unplug/plug back in" stuff & verifying "up-to-date" checks (which I did a 100 times already). Standby 

Treetopper

Jump to solution
  • Just got off the phone with P+. They said it's a known issue and they are working on a fix. No idea when it will be ready but it is indeed connected to the recent app update. 
0 Kudos