Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigGary22

Why is the AMC app not working?

Well my friend I have it installed on five Roku Ultras that I have and it it does the same thing on all TVs so that one all roku's so that tells me that it's got to be their networks coming from their end at least it is in 2023 in January on the 17th.

8 REPLIES 8
AdaBeta27
Streaming Star

Re: Why is the AMC app not working?

In the past, I had to do a factory reset of the Roku then let it reinstall all of the apps to make the AMC one, and Spectrum, work again.   The AMC app was still working for me a week ago but I see I have the same won't-start issue as everyone else now.   lol

denhow
Roku Guru

The problem is definitely on the AMC end. Remove, reboot, reinstall doesn't help. I'm having the same problem with both the AMC Roku channel and the BBC America Roku channel. (BBC America is owned by AMC.)

denhow
Roku Guru

And now, a day later, both AMC and BBC America are working again! At least they're working for me.

AdaBeta27
Streaming Star

Both AMC and BBC work today but I had to activate both first.

Oceanside7

This process does not work and I haven't been able to get into AMC for months and I'm supposed to have it until September. Tried logging in logging out emailed Roku called Roku still can't get the AMC I think I'm just going to give up again

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Oceanside7,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand your sentiments about the difficulties you are facing when trying to stream the AMC+ channel and I would feel the same way. We sincerely appreciate you as our valued customer and rest assured that we will forward your feedback to the concerned Roku team.

In addition, we can see that you’ve been in contact with our Support team regarding your concern. We recommend continuing working with them and letting the Support team know if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Rumbler
Reel Rookie

I had to downgrade firmware a while back on my Roku 3, Express, and Ultra. I found the process on a forum how to get into service mode. I have current firmware on my Ultra and still works fine though. 

JoeKool
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue. AMC crashes as soon as I go to the channel. I've removed the App & reset the Ultra Roku... nothing helps. 

0 Kudos