Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jpv328

Video Picture Reverting back to 720P and sizing is off. Help!

Hello, I have an LG 4K UHD TV I bought a few years back. I just recently purchased the Roku Ultra.

I’m having a problem with the picture reverting to 720P each time the unit powers down. I’ve checked the HDMI settings on my LG and it is set to HD Deep Color. When I turned HD Deep Color off and back on, it fixes the picture.

I already bought a new HDMI cable. I can also go into the picture settings on the Roku and force the output to 4K UHD and that fixes the picture size and quality.

How can I fix this so I don’t have to go through the settings each time I use the tv? I have elderly grandparents that watch the kids and they won’t be able to fix this issue if it arises while they are at the house. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Video Picture Reverting back to 720P and sizing is off. Help!

Powers down? Roku’s don’t turn on or off. What maybe happening is your Roku is going to sleep. Go to settings/ network and disable the bandwidth saver. Also in the TV settings be sure to disable any power savings features. One other thing is to be sure that the Roku is plug straight into the wall and not to USB TV power. Leave the Roku and the auto picture settings it finds. Certain Roku devices also have a power saving option. If yours does then disable it 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Video Picture Reverting back to 720P and sizing is off. Help!

@Jpv328, ignore everything @Streamer317 said other than the last sentence.  Bandwidth saver?  USB power on an Ultra?  I'm surprised he didn't say reset your modem or buy a new device.

Go into Settings->System->Power and disable "power saving" and see if that helps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.