Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sungi

Unable to screen mirror on Roku device

Whenever I click the screen mirror button on my iPhone it is unable to find the Roku device. I checked all the settings and AirPlay is turned on and both devices are connected to the same wifi. The only difference is the ip for both devices is slightly different (only the last section of numbers are different) I’m thinking that maybe my wifi doesn’t allow devices to see each other but I don’t think that is the case since all of my other home devices have no issues connecting to each other

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to screen mirror on Roku device

I can't help with the mirroring issue, but I can clear up any confusion about the IP addresses.  What you're seeing implies both devices are on the same network.  There's four numbers comprising an IPv4 address separated by periods.  For simplicity, the first 3 give the network and the last is unique to each device on the network.  For example, two devices:

192.168.0.45 and 192.168.0.100 - same network
192.168.1.45 and 192.168.0.100 - different network; won't be able to communicate with each other

In addition, depending on router settings wired devices may be able to communicate with each other while wireless devices cannot.

Since you say your other home devices can connect to each other I assume some if not all are wireless, so it's probably not a router issue.  Maybe someone else has an idea.  Maybe a phone setting?  I know use of a VPN on a phone can mess things up.  I've had little to no luck with mirroring, but I have nothing Apple.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos