Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loisdeboid
Channel Surfer

Unable to remove a channel

I want to remove the HBOMAX app because one show keeps crashing in all episodes. When i have a weird problem like this, removing the channel and reinstalling it often fixes it, but with HBOMAX, I have to cancel my subscription just to do this? Isn't there some easier way to fix what may be a small problem? This is madness.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: unable to remove a channel

Hi @loisdeboid

Thanks for the post.

There are instances when a user misunderstands that removing a channel means canceling the subscription. Therefore, Roku required all its users to unsubscribe from membership first before having the option to remove a channel. 

For more information, check out this link: How to remove channels from your Roku® streaming device

I hope this answers your inquiry.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
loisdeboid
Channel Surfer

Thank you for the reply. I did finally take a deep breath and cancel my subscription so I could remove and then re-add the channel (surprise, no drama ensued). However, it didn't fix the problem. As far as I know thus far, it is only affecting one show on HBOMax. When I try to watch Real Time with Bill Maher, I get a message saying that the item i was trying to load was not found. The app then crashes and goes back to the homescreen. I reset the Roku before re-adding the app, as per the instructions. Clips work, but full episodes do not. Do you have any suggestions for this? I appreciate any help I can get.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@loisdeboid
Thanks for the follow up.

If you are still experiencing an issue with the content on the HBO Max channel, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos