Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevnmra

Ultra Roku 4k and Roku Express 4k

My 2 Roku Express 4K+ units (bought both in 2024) are just awful at video streaming. Much worse than my 2022 Samsung TV using the same internet connection. Further they both have to be power reset daily (or sometimes more often) and frequently loose remote control functions for my TV (have to be setup at least weekly). I bought these because on sale they were cheaper than the comparable Amazon Fire TV units; but I guess you get what you pay for. They seemed to work well for about a month after purchase, but now after 3 and 6 months respectively, I'm ready to throw them both away. I have Xfinity Extreme Pro Internet that routinely tests out at just under 1 Gbit/s, so its clearly the Roku boxes that are the issue.

Why are these so bad? And what, if anything, can be done to make them work as they're supposed to. I hate watching Football games that are so pixelized you can't follow the ball or read the numbers on player's Jerseys - so much for my 4K streaming services... They both seem to generate a lot of heat; maybe they've damaged their internal components? They sit open on a TV stand shelf, so I'm not sure why they'd be overheating but that's the only thing I can think of. Reseting system power seems to help but only for a few hours at a time...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.