Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wendaworks
Reel Rookie

The Roku channel - Live TV not working

Jump to solution

My roku turns on and displays home page I select channel, channel opens kicks me back to home

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku channel - Live TV not working

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

We do appreciate you for keeping us posted about this issue.

We believe that this has been resolved now, please try again or perform a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > Power (if available) > System restart.

Still seeing the issue, here's what to do.

Search the Community: Take a look around the Roku Community forums. You might find another thread discussing the same problem with more recent information.

Start a New Thread: If you can't find an existing thread that matches your issue, feel free to create a new one!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
29 REPLIES 29
MiamiLover

Jump to solution

Roku is not working properly for me. A black screen appears when I choose any of the live channels, even after resetting it multiple times. Considering that many other people experience the same issues, it is laughable how there has yet to be an official statement addressing the problem aside from the typical automated to practically every issue.

dcathome
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I just purchased a new Roku 50" Class Select Series 4K Smart RokuTV 50R4A5R and had the same Live TV audio repeat problem. I switched to a UNIREX 16GB drive that was listed as, High Speed USB 3.0, up to 113 MB/s Data Transfer Speeds, and the issue is gone. The first one that had the audio repeat was a Micro Center 16GB USB3.1 card Speed up to 70MB/s.

Check your rated Data Transfer speeds on your USB Flash Drive. Reading several other drives some of the newer ones have lower transfer speeds even thought they are 3.1 or 3.2 drives.

I also have the Roku TV C107X TCL Model 43S425 with the same UNIREX 16GB High Speed USB 3.0, up to 113 MB/s drive that works fine on  Live TV.

dcathome
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well, after an hour I noticed a glitch again. It only repeats every 20 minutes or so but it is still there. Will have to order a USB 3.2 and try that. I wonder if the USB 3.4 are out yet?

LeeStreamer
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV issue with USB using live TV

Jump to solution

I don't think the USB is the issue. I tried 4 different ones and none of them worked. I eventually returned the TV.

Louis_Nenda
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It looks like the audio garbling problem I previously reported for our 32" Onn Roku TV has been fixed with the latest firmware update, but the pause live TV feature seems to still be somewhat buggy.

The main problem is sometimes when moving forward or back in the buffer, as when skipping commercials, the time display showing the clock time of the current position shows and sometimes it does not. I'm experiencing this right now on a paused show. I've moved a few times back and forth in the program and seemingly at random the time will display or not. (The preview images do always display.)

Another problem is sometimes when resuming from pause, the TV skips to the end of the buffer instead of picking up at the pause point. Combined with a lack of timeline displayed when moving through the buffer this can make it tough to get back to the desired point in the program. Also, sometimes when resuming from pause there is a delay of several seconds and the sound sync can be thrown out of kilter.

Anyone else experiencing these problems? (Hoping for an improvement in the next update...)

0 Kudos
dcathome
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That is one of the features I was buying this TV for. I am noticing now that it even locks up the picture to where I have to either channel up or down than back or turn the TV off and on. I think that when a USB is plugged in it plays through that and not direct. so if there is a problem with the USB then we see the audio and video issue. I wonder if their firmware doesn't flush out the program fast enough because the problem seems to increase with the amount of time that I am watching that program. 

0 Kudos
LeeStreamer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It is definitely a software problem. I was thinking the same because the same USB works on my older Roku TV and it doesn't occur until the drive seems to get filled up (after about an hour). I did get an email from Roku that they updated the software and to try again but I have my doubts because they have lied to me numerous times already. I gave up and returned the TV. 

sterlinga
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

In a blog titled, "Roku channel shows not playing," WHY does everyone ask, what channel? IT's ONLY THE ROKU CHANNEL and EVERTHING ON IT!

Roku device model, 3820X
serial number, X0170070NS81
device ID, S08Y4190NS81
software OS/version, 13.0.0 BUILD 24056-CU
IP address 172.16.0.2
does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel The ROKU CHANNEL ***ONLY***
what version/build 9.3 build 10

tracker ID
press the Home button 5 times,
followed by the Back button 5 times
and provide us with this ID)
just goes HOME

steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing and what exactly the behavior is that you are experiencing
There are no "steps" just click on the channel app or a movie linked to that channel. click watch and it blinks and returns to the watch button screen

where are you currently located
in my living room
who is your ISP (internet service provider)
?
are you using a VPN
?

0 Kudos
sterlinga
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

In a blog titled, "Roku channel shows not playing," WHY does everyone ask, what channel? IT's ONLY THE ROKU CHANNEL and EVERTHING ON IT!

Roku device model, 3820X
serial number, X0170070NS81
device ID, S08Y4190NS81
software OS/version, 13.0.0 BUILD 24056-CU
IP address 172.16.0.2
does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel The ROKU CHANNEL ***ONLY***
what version/build 9.3 build 10

tracker ID
press the Home button 5 times,
followed by the Back button 5 times
and provide us with this ID)
just goes HOME

steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing and what exactly the behavior is that you are experiencing
There are no "steps" just click on the channel app or a movie linked to that channel. click watch and it blinks and returns to the watch button screen

where are you currently located
in my living room
who is your ISP (internet service provider)
?
are you using a VPN
?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.