Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mpolyviou

TV quickly flickering after long Roku device pause, as turning off, play hit at same time???

Hi I'm having same issue.  While watching tv on any app the subtitles preferences keep popping up and just scrolling up and down. Also, as if I were to pause a show? The redline and white round circle keeps popping up and when i hit back arrow or the ok button it keeps doing it.  I've rebooted roku .  The little black square box model number 4200X  keeps flashing the red light instead of being stable.  I can hear flickering sounds when I go to an app or the home page.  My roku box in the bedroom works fine.  HELP!!! So frustrated.

Thank you for your time

pp

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV quickly flickering after long Roku device pause, as turning off, play hit at same time???

Hi @Mpolyviou,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with the subtitle preferences that keep popping up and just scrolling up and down on your Roku device. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. Please provide the details below:

• When did the issue start?
  • Can you send us a photo or video of the issue that you are experiencing?

In the meantime, please try to restart the system by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) to see if it will fix the issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.