Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tajhlande
Reel Rookie

Stuttering audio with Streaming Stick thru TV out to digital/ARC

I have a Roku Streaming Stick connected to an older Vizio TV (1080p), and audio out from the TV through a Toslink to HDMI ARC adapter to a Sonos Beam. It worked fine for over a year, but lately audio has some intermittent stuttering when we watch anything via the Roku.

By process of elimination... it's not the TV or the connecting cables, or the soundbar. Everything sounds fine when I use a different HDMI video source, like a Chromecast.

I have tried every combination of audio setting changes between the Roku and the TV, and forcing the Roku to output 1080p (instead of 4k which the TV can't show anyway) and nothing has impacted this. I suspect this is a software issue somehow because it worked fine for maybe 16 months, and now it stutters all the time.

Is there any way to fix this?

About the Roku:
Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  
Model 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+
Software version: 12.5.0 build 4178-50

About the TV:
Vizio model XVT473SV
Version: VIZIO_C7.0.1.0-S

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Stuttering audio with Streaming Stick thru TV out to digital/ARC

Hi, @tajhlande

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information to us, and we'd like to collect more details regarding this for us to better assist. Have you tried performing a system restart to resolve the issue? Also, have you used the audio only on your TV without the Sonos Beam? Further, when did you first encounter this issue, and where there any changes to your audio set-up?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tajhlande
Reel Rookie

I have done a system restart. I am not totally sure if the sound through just the tv has the same issues, but I replaced the Streaming Stick with an old Roku 3 I happen to have and it works fine.

0 Kudos
allSports
Reel Rookie

I've been having the exact same issue with my setup for the past week or so as well. I've tried changing the audio settings, as well as replacing my audio cable that is linked to my Sonos soundbar and streaming stick. Nothing has helped.

Have the same issue with a 3800x and 3820r2. Seems like a software issue to me. This is a major bug and needs to be fixed ASAP.

0 Kudos