Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Sound is going up to the max volume on its own. I can't turn it down.

0 Kudos
pinchbrain
Binge Watcher

Well, it just stopped and went back to normal. Don't know what happened but hopefully it'll last. I plugged in my old firestick. I don't see how that would change anything but it stopped around that time while I was looking for the firestick's remote.

pinchbrain
Binge Watcher

Thanks for looking that up. I'll keep it in mind. Hopefully this was just a hiccup.

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Wait so you weren't using your Roku TV to stream? You were using your Firestick plugged into your Roku TV? 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

@pinchbrain wrote:

but it stopped around that time while I was looking for the firestick's remote.

I was thinking that this sounded like the classic case where a remote gets pushed down between the cushions on a sofa and one or more of its buttons are being pressed (by the sofa cushion).  Possible??

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Please re read. It was happening with the batteries removed from the remote. 

0 Kudos
pinchbrain
Binge Watcher

No, I use the Roku TV to stream but I had a firestick that I used with my previous TV. I had an issue last year where my Roku TV wouldn't stream any channel except Netflix so I connected the firestick and was able to stream all my channels from it. That issue lasted for about a week and then I was able to go back to streaming from the Roku again. I connected the firestick today as a desperate last resort type thing. I wanted to see if the volume issue happened while using it but noticed the TV had gone back to normal before I could find the firestick's remote.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Try this. Do you have a smartphone? If so then download the Roku Remote Control app. Remove the batteries from your Roku TV remote. Don't use it. Once the app is setup try it. See what happens and get back to me. 

https://www.roku.com/mobile-app

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

@TrooperDada326 wrote:

Please re read. It was happening with the batteries removed from the remote. 

Yeah but which remote? OP said it stopped after finding some other remote.  Only takes one remote with a button pushed down to mess things up.

0 Kudos
pinchbrain
Binge Watcher

It's still working fine right now. The smart phone app will be something to try if it happens again. Thanks for the idea.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.