Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aimelihug
Reel Rookie

Re: Sound drops when changing stations or apps

I've been having the same problem since Dec. 29. It's happening with both of my Roku players and Vizio TVs. I don't remember the model of the other Roku player because it's upstairs, but it's a Roku-tie. This one is model 3941X-Roku Express 4K+ with software version 10.5.0. I don't feel comfortable providing the rest of the information publicly. Anytime I open a channel or app there is no sound. To trouble shoot the issue, I turn off the TV and then turn it back on again and then there will be sound.

0 Kudos
katiebobus
Channel Surfer

Interesting — mine’s a Vizio TV as well. What TVs are others on the thread using?
0 Kudos
jps2
Binge Watcher

I noiced the same and called it to their attention. Have not heard.  Agreed, others have Visio?

0 Kudos
18CGKCrosstrek
Channel Surfer

Mine is a Vizio as well. 

0 Kudos
Tpage
Reel Rookie

Yes, mine is also a Vizio. 

0 Kudos
jps2
Binge Watcher

Re: Sound drops when changing stations or apps - Note To Danny

Danny,

Are we on to something?

0 Kudos
18CGKCrosstrek
Channel Surfer

Re: Sound drops when changing stations or apps - Note To Danny

I hope so. This is getting very annoying. Roku needs to figure out what part of the update didn’t work good for Vizio

0 Kudos
trickychip
Reel Rookie

Has anyone gotten any information from Roku about this yet?  I usually have to switch to a different input on my tv, then switch back to Roku to get sound.  It’s odd.  For example, when I select Netflix, as I’m scrolling through selections, the automatic previews will play with sound, and once I select a something and it loads, there will be no sound.  Like I said, I have to switch my tv input to something else, the back to my Roku input to get sound.

0 Kudos
jps2
Binge Watcher

No answer as of yet.  do you have a Visio TV by any chance>  Your description is much the same as others.

0 Kudos
wellplayedwines
Reel Rookie

Same exact thing or me - and yes, I have 2 Roku streaming Sticks on two different Vizios and it has been happening on both of them - Danny?????

0 Kudos