Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DogsBody
Reel Rookie

SlingTV app won't load Roku Ultra

Haven't been able to load app all morning. I get logo & spinning progress icon, but it never comes up.

Bounced WiFi and box itself, no joy.  About to delete & reinstall, will post update if that works, but I'm not confident.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DogsBody
Reel Rookie

Re: SlingTV app won't load Roku Ultra

It seems to be OK now.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: SlingTV app won't load Roku 3

Hi @DogsBody

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on Sling TV or across other channels installed on your Roku device? 

Have you tried removing the affected Sling TV channel and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Bozopolis7734
Binge Watcher

I'm having the same issue. Restarting/unplugging my Roku didn't help. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help. It eventually will load but it can take 5 minutes or longer. This morning it continued but again after about 5 minutes it finally loaded. I had heard it was just an issue with the Ultra but that's not the case here. Same thing happens on my TCL Roku TV, my Roku Express, and my older Roku2 player. I get a spinning thingy in the middle of the screen for about 5 minutes and then it finally loads. Has to be a Sling issue versus a Roku one. It's a recent thing here too. I don't think it's been happening more than 7-10 days. It's very frustrating though. 

0 Kudos
Bozopolis7734
Binge Watcher

On my Rokus this is an issue ONLY with Sling. Other apps load normally.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

@Bozopolis7734

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I apologize for your channel playback issue with the Sling TV channel. I can understand how that may be frustrating.

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 

You can reach Sling TV here

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
ajay45
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue, I reinstalled SlingTV. I even signed out all the devices from my sling account. It just spins and spins and never loads. I have other apps which are working fine on my Roku Ultra. The issue just started happing last week. Is this a Roku or SlingTV issue and when will it be resolved. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @ajay45,
Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be pleased to check more to see how we can help. Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings>System>System restart.

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Keep us posted on how it goes! 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
ajay45
Reel Rookie

Thank you, I have completed the requested steps per your suggestion and I am still facing the same issue.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Thank you for testing and sharing the result with us, @ajay45!

Since you are still unable to play videos from this channel alone after attempting the suggestions above and the videos from other channels play fine. We suggest you contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer. 

You can reach them here: Sling TV Support.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos